CGSH-28 Canadian Red Grain Sorghum Hybrid 28
- Highly drought tolerant crop
- Performs well on soils low in fertility and low pH
- Grazing, green chop, silage for dairy, beef, sheep and horses
- Rapid regeneration capacity
- No prussic acid
- Helps build soil organic matter when used as a cover crop
- Significant levels of nutrients are added to soil improving fertility and soil structure
- Improves soil productivity
- Provides erosion control
- Captures snow
- Suppresses weeds
- Does not over-winter
- PLANT HEIGHT
- 150 to 225 cm
- No. of leaves
- 6 to 10 per main tiller
- FIFTH Leaf size
- Width 3 to 4 cm, length 80 to 90 cm
- No of tillers
- 8 to 15
- Ear head is conical
- The plant flowers 85 - 95 days after planting. Days to flowering is influenced by day length and CFPM 101 would flower in short days.
- 1000 seed weight ranges from 9 to l1 gm. Plant morphological parameters and date of 50% flowering will vary according to crop management, soil fertility, soil moisture, heat units, location, day length etc. It is a multi cut crop with 2 to 3 cuts during the cropping season.
AERC Inc. developed Canadian Grain Sorghum Hybrids from the breeding program for its ability to produce high grain yields over a wide range of growing conditions in south western Ontario.
Sorghum [S. bicolor (L.) Moench] is a versatile, energy efficient C-4 plant which belongs to the family Graminae. It has excellent adaptability to grow under water stress conditions. The root system of sorghum is bigger and deeper than that of maize. The plants will remain relatively inactive during drught and renew growth, when the conditions become favourable. It can also withstand water logging and could be grown on heavy clay or light sandy soils. Grain sorghum is grown in over 66 countries and ranks fifth among the most important cereal crops of the world. It is used for unleavened breads, boiled porridge, malted beverages, and specialty foods such as popped grain. Syrup can be made from sweet sorghum. Sorghum grain is gluten free and is a safe food for gluten allergy sufferers. The stems and foliage are used as green chop, hay, silage, and pasture.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHUREDOWNLOAD PDFDOWNLOAD WORD
Interested in a large volume order?
Contact sales directly for wholesale pricing on orders of 50 bags or more.
Order online to your location, available within the US and Canada. Shipping fees will be added at checkout. Limit of 50 bags/order.