CGPMH-90 Canadian Grain Pearl Millet Hybrid 90
- Highly drought tolerant crop
- Performs well on soils low in fertility and low pH
- Grazing, green chop, silage for dairy, beef, sheep and horses
- Rapid regeneration capacity
- No prussic acid
- Helps build soil organic matter when used as a cover crop
- Significant levels of nutrients are added to soil improving fertility and soil structure
- Improves soil productivity
- Provides erosion control
- Captures snow
- Suppresses weeds
- Does not over-winter
- PLANT HEIGHT
- 150 to 225 cm
- No. of leaves
- 6 to 10 per main tiller
- FIFTH Leaf size
- Width 3 to 4 cm, length 80 to 90 cm
- No of tillers
- 8 to 15
- Ear head is conical
- The plant flowers 85 - 95 days after planting. Days to flowering is influenced by day length and CFPM 101 would flower in short days.
- 1000 seed weight ranges from 9 to l1 gm. Plant morphological parameters and date of 50% flowering will vary according to crop management, soil fertility, soil moisture, heat units, location, day length etc. It is a multi cut crop with 2 to 3 cuts during the cropping season.
Pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum ) has been used in the southeastern United States as a summer grazing and hay crop for over 50 years. Pearl millet was introduced by AERC Inc. into Canada in 1994 for use as a forage crop and control of root lesion nematodes. AERC Inc. has recently developed adapted and productive grain pearl millet hybrids for southwestern Ontario giving crop producers a suitable alternative feed grain to corn. AERC Inc. conducts its research on hybrid development, agronomic recommendations and feed potential.
Canadian Grain Pearl Millet Hybrid (CGPMH) 90 is early maturing (100 days), dwarf (100 cm) and yields 3 tons grain per hectare, with harvest moisture of 14%.
Why Grain pearl millet?
- High grain yield (3 to 3.5 t/ha) under non-irrigated and drought conditions in acid (pH 5.5) soils
- High grain and protein (12-14%) quality, with feeding value similar to corn for poultry and swine
- Used in layer rations produces eggs enriched in n-3 fatty acids
- Negligible pre-harvest aflatoxin contamination
- In rotation, provides control of root lesion nematode
- Relatively low production costs
- Frost sensitive, no volunteer plants in the following seaso
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHUREDOWNLOAD PDFDOWNLOAD WORD
Interested in a large volume order?
Contact sales directly for wholesale pricing on orders of 50 bags or more.
Order online to your location, available within the US and Canada. Shipping fees will be added at checkout. Limit of 50 bags/order.